This summer’s must-have is the effortlessly chic tunic! They are without a doubt one of the most versatile, forgiving and unassumingly stylish pieces to incorporate into your wardrobe. Tunics can be fun, and can be carried thru from day to night- whether it’s a day at the beach, dinner or a night out!
While stripes and polka dots are fun, leaf prints, floral’s and abstract prints help keep a fresh and funky style profile this summer.
Tunics are very easy to accessorise – you can try a chunky gold necklace, bangles, wooden earrings, belts or medium to over sized handbags. If it’s a day at the beach try a fun bra or bikini top underneath.
Here are a few tunic tips:
- Always wear a camisole under sheer, blousy fabrics.
- If it’s a night out, take your look up a notch by wrapping a wide belt over a tunic.
- Empire waists tunics will make you look fuller. So stay away from them if you have a curvy body.
- Don’t choose a tunic that falls lower than mid-thigh, it will make the outfit look sloppy.
- If the tunic is extra flowy, try wearing extra-narrow bottoms, such as slim-fitting jeans, pencil skirts or shorts.
- Slim fitting jeans are not for everyone – boot cut is normally flattering for most body shapes.
Tunics are for women of all ages! Here’s how:
20s: If you’re in your 20’s a good way to wear tunics is with short shorts, Bermudas or capris, accessorize with beaded necklaces, earrings, a slouch handbag and wedges or peep-toe heels
30s: For a fun and flattering look, wear a tunic with jeans, heels, a layered necklace, shell earrings and a leather handbag
40s: To create an elegant look, try wearing a sheer embroidered tunic over a camisole with cropped pants or jeans. Wedge heels, a mid-sized handbag and an elegant bracelet will complete the look.
50s: For a no-fuss day look, try an embroidered tunic with a floral skirt. A beaded bracelet or gold necklace along with comfortable sandals and a woven handbag will make you look and feel great.